Sunday 12 December 2010

A bit more skiing, a bit of shopping, a lot of snow and the christmas countdown

Not masses of news to report at the moment. I have my new routine of a couple of long commutes and a few weekday nights in Vancouver before a well deserved weekend on the slopes to get used to although only a couple more weeks before I get a nice 9 day Christmas break. It's a shame that the Christmas period will be one of Lisa's busiest but thats seasonal work for you. I'm looking into the possibility of completing my level 1 ski instructors later in the season so I might be doing some volunteering teaching the kids over the Christmas break if the ski school gets back to me and need a hand. Otherwise I'll be more than happy to work through my seasons target of skiing all of the runs here at Whistler Blackcomb.


For those who want to check out where we go and play in our spare time over winter then take a look at the webcams




So for now its some last minute Christmas shopping as I have barely done any and with only 5 evenings when I can get into downtown that's cutting it fine as usual.

Finally started working and starting 2 new jobs at once is going to be a juggling act of new things to learn and time schedules to try to make work but the cash flow will appreciate it. Here I was thinking at least now I'm not working in a hospital I won't have to work xmas day, wrong, of course food and service industries don't close on xmas day infact its the busiest period of the season.... So i'll play the waiting game to see if I actually get to ski and eat xmas day with Lee or not otherwise we'll have to make it up to each other in other ways.

Christmas is coming rapidly and so is the snow so I"m smiling :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment