Wednesday 30 June 2010

Warsaw or England can’t be in two places at once…..








So here we are, one in England for Dobbies wedding the other wandering the streets of Warsaw. I really like the old town of Warsaw, small and compact but full of character, brightly coloured buildings and cobbled streets. Determined to make use of the beautiful sunshine I find myself strolling for hours until I become just too tired.

I’m still not 100% after the food poisoning, barely eating, barely keeping things down but am getting there. After the mission that was doing 2 loads of washing finding only one of two Laundromats in Warsaw after 2 buses and a tram I had the rest of the afternoon so wandered through the parks. Its sometimes really nice just stopping and taking things in, looking around, watching others and doing a little thinking and a lot of smiling. I stop and realise again how lucky I am getting to do such great things in my life with people I really care about.

I had a straightforward trip back to UK for the wedding. Really good to catch up with the old uni housemates as always and yet again, it took a wedding to bring us all together. That being said, half of us are now married so only 3 more weddings to go. Who’s next?...

The plan is to head up to the Misurian lakes north of Poland, for some fishing, kayaking and relaxing in the numerous lakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment